AnneP

Arnold Classic & Arnold AM 2014; Egle Eller-Nabi 14th!

Arnold Sports Festival;

The Arnold Sports Festival is the largest multi-sport event in the nation and the greatest sports-fitness experience of your life! The Festival welcomes more than 18,000 athletes annually who compete in more than 45 sports & events, including 12 Olympic sports. More than 175,000 fitness enthusiasts attend the Arnold Sports Festival each year to experience thrilling moments of sports competition and fitness entertainment.

Fitness shoppers enjoy the 700 booth Arnold Fitness EXPO offering the biggest names in health & fitness who present the latest trends in fitness apparel, supplements, and training equipment.

Attendees enjoy the regular sightings of sport personalities, film stars, and the Weekend’s namesake Arnold Schwarzenegger.

The Arnold Sports Festival will be held Feb. 27-March 2, 2014, in Columbus, Ohio.

upcmng-arnold-2014.jpg

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

IFBBpro.com shares the competitor lists of the pro events // http://www.ifbbpro.com/events/2014-arnold-class-competitor-lists/

Arnold Classic:
Evan Centopani
Brandon Curry
Toney Freeman
Cedric MacMillan
Victor Martinez
Edward Nunn
Ben Pakulski
Shawn Rhoden
Fred Smalls
Branch Warren
Roelly Winklaar
Dennis Wolf
Hidetada Yamagishi

Arnold Classic 212:
Aaron Clark
Charles Dixon
David Henry
Richard “Tricky” Jackson
James “Flex” Lewis
Stan McQuay
Jose Raymond
Marco Rivera
Angel Rangel Vargas
Quincy Winklaar

Lukas Osladil

Fitness International:
Michelle Blank
Myriam Capes
Bethany Cisternino
Regiane DaSilva
Allison Ethier
Ryall Graber
Oksana Grishina
Amanda Hatfield
Tanji Johnson
Whitney Jones
Babette Mulford
Danielle Ruban
Kizzy Vaines
Trish Warren
Melinda Szabo

Figure International:
Kati Alander
Dana Ambrose
Alicia Coates
Ava Cowan
Heather Dees
Amanda Doherty
Allison Frahn
Candice Keene
Candice Lewis
Elissa Martis
Larissa Reis
Camala Rodriguez-McClure
Giadi Simari
Gennifer Strobo
Ann Titone
Natalie Waples
Nicole Wilkins

Bikini International:
Noy Alexander
Stacey Alexander
Jennifer Andrews
Juliana Daniell
Margret Gnarr
Ashley Kaltwasser
Courtney King
Amanda Latona
Janet Layug
Nathalia Melo
Jessica Mone
Justine Munro
India Paulino
Yeshaira Robles
Anna Starodubtseva
Anna Virmajoki

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Let the Arnold countdown begin..

Taken after our training session yesterday. Coach Neil Hill looks on giving me the green light for the forth coming 212 Arnold Classic! It's always great to train even better to get his approval. Sitting at 220 9wks big thanks to mam and dad for all the Christmas feeding. Now it's back to Yoda's diet!!! ...

post-6888-0-00840400-1388380534_thumb.jp

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Shawn Rhoden trains arms 10 weeks out // Flexonline.com video // http://www.flexonline.com/videos/training/videos/video-flexatron-blasts-arms

post-6888-0-89326800-1388566025_thumb.jp

Cedric McMillan updates with 9 weeks out shot;

post-6888-0-19605800-1388566046_thumb.jp

Head to head; Nicole Wilkins vs. Candice Keene on NPCnewsonline.com.

Who will win the Arnold Figure International? Nicole Wilkins and Candice Keene Will Go Head To Head At The 2014 Arnold Figure International. Who Will Place Higher?

The Arnold Figure International will be one of the toughest contests in years. You have the best of the best entering this years show. Click Here For Show Information. Anyone of the 17 competitors could capture the title. Nicole Wilkins a Three-Time Arnold Figure Champion will be going “head to head” against the 2013 Arnold Figure International Champion. Nicole defeated Candice at The 2013 Ms. Figure Olympia. Who will place higher this time? You make the call.

Nicole Wilkins Competition Photos From 2012/2013: Click Here
C
andice Keene Competition Photos From 2012/2013 Click Here

497781.jpg323398.jpg

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Recent of Centopani..

post-6888-0-20487500-1389273225_thumb.jp post-6888-0-14951200-1389273232_thumb.jp

Figure International contender Amanda Doherty updates;

DID YOU KNOW that last time I competed at the Arnold Classic I was the youngest competitor.. This time round I will be the oldest! Maybe with the most children too! Goes to show you that anything is possible just believe in yourself!

post-6888-0-27727200-1389274501_thumb.jp

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
Team MD's Dave Bourlet recently caught up with IFBB Pro bodybuilder Ed Nunn at the MECCA, Gold's Gym Venice for an update 8 weeks before the Arnold Classic. The trainer of champions, Charles Glass, tells how he & Ed have teamed up for the Arnold.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

In this video, IFBB Pros Branch Warren & Johnnie Jackson show us their chest workout at the original Metroflex. Branch is 10 weeks out from the Arnold Classic 2014...a show he has won twice already.

They started off the workout with several rotator exercises along with rear deltoid exercises. Then, went to 3 warm up sets on the incline barbell press. Here is the workout:

Warm up:

External rotation with 5-10lb dumbbells 3 sets x 20 reps

Rear delt flys: 2 sets x 20 reps

Incline Barbell press: 135lbs. x 15 reps, 225 x 12 reps, 225 x 12 reps

Incline Barbell press:

3 sets x 8 – 12 reps

Flat Multi-grip barbell press:

4 sets x 8 -12 reps

Decline Barbell Press:

4 sets x 10 – 12 reps

Weighted Dips:

4 drop sets with Chains to failure

Superset Peck Deck Flys with Machine presses:

4 sets x 15 reps

Machine chest presses to failure

Cable Flys:

3 sets to failure

IFBB Pro Bodybuilder & MD athlete Jose Raymond takes us through his Hamstring Workout 9 weeks out from the Arnold Classic 2014. Jose is very pumped for this show because of a chance run-in he had with Arnold Schwarzenegger 16 years ago on Venice Beach, California. We usually see The Boston Mass a.k.a Jose Raymond on a quad dominant day. Here, he hits hamstrings with just a “touch up” on quadriceps. Jose performs the lying, single and seated leg curls and justifies doing them because, “they all have different leverage” and stimulate differently. His big lift of the day was stiff legged deadlifts where he reps out with 315.

Exercise 1) Lying Leg Curl

4 sets x 15 - 20 reps

Exercise 2) Unilateral Leg Curl

4 sets x 15 - 20 reps

Exercise 3) Seated Leg Curl

4 sets x 15 - 20 reps

Exercise 4) Stiff Legged Deadlifts

4 sets x 15 reps

Quadriceps Touch-Up Exercise 5) Leg Extensions / 4 sets x 15 reps Exercise 6) Smith Lunges /Single Leg Squat / 4 sets x 10 - 12 reps

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Arnold AM news and schedule on IFBB newsletter;

As usual, Arnold Classic North America will be the opening contest of the 2014 IFBB season. And we can’t imagine better opening of the season: bodybuilding and fitness gala in Columbus is one of the greatest IFBB annual event, gathering hundreds of the top world athletes, officials and fitness industry entrepreneurs. It is a part of the biggest Arnold Sport Festival, which will include the whole gamut of the strength sports: powerlifting, weightlifting, strongman, armwrestling, armlifting (grip tests), crossfit, pole fitness and even highland games. Pole fitness, together with swimming, tennis and wrestling, will be inaugurated at this year’s Arnold Sport Festival. Attended by the IFBB President Dr. Rafael Santonja, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jim and Bob Lorimer and other top officials, will be an unique, still expanding iron and strength sports festivity.

There are small changes in the list of available categories this year. In the amateur bodybuilding section the following sports and categories will be run:
- Men’s Bodybuilding: 70 kg, 75 kg, 80 kg, 85 kg, 90 kg, 100 kg, +100 kg
- Men’s Classic bodybuilding: 175 cm, +175 cm
- Masters Men’s Bodybuilding over 40 years old: 80 kg, 90 kg, +90 kg
- Men’s Physique: 170 cm, 174 cm, 178 cm, +178 cm
- Women’s Fitness: open
- Women’s Physique: 163 cm, +163 cm
- Women’s Bodyfitness: 158 cm, 163 cm, 168 cm, +168 cm
- Junior Women’s Bodyfitness: open
- Masters Women’s Bodyfitness over 35 years old: 163 cm, +163 cm:
- Women’s Bikini Fitness: 160 cm, 163 cm, 166 cm, 169 cm, 172 cm, +172 cm

Overall winners will have the opportunity to take a photo with Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger as a group and individually.

Physique sports will be run at the following venues:

- Greater Columbus Convention Center. Designed in 1989, constructed in 1993 and expanded in 1999, has an enormous 39 600 sq. m. exhibit area, 2 ballrooms and 61 meeting rooms.

- Veterans Memorial Auditorium. Opened in 1955 to honor the men and women who served in the U.S. Armed Forces. In September 1970 the Mr. World Professional Bodybuilding Competition was stage there, won by young Arnold Schwarzenegger in front of 5000 crowd of spectators. Arnold returned to this venue in 1989 as a promoter, with Jim Lorimer, of their now famous Arnold Classic bodybuilding and fitness championships.

All athletes must be nominated by their National Federations. The deadline to sent the Entry Forms is January 31st, 2014, so still athletes from all over the world can be registered. Due to the time restrictions in the sport facilities, the number of athletes accepted will be limited. The final list of approved athletes will be published on February 15th, 2014 on the arnoldamateur.com

Then we will be presenting the top stars coming to this year’s event.

The basic schedule (detailed schedule and information available in the Inspection Report published on the IFBB website: ifbb.com) of the activities is as follows:

Wednesday, February 26th, 2014 (Veterans Memorial, Wayne Brehm Room):
17:00 - 21:00: Early registration: Master Men’s Bodybuilding Masters, Men’s Classic
Bodybuilding, Women’s Fitness, Bodyfitness (Figure) and Bikini Fitness.

Thursday, February 27th, 2014 (all activity at Veterans Memorial):
09:00 - 12:00: Final Registration: Master Men’s Bodybuilding, Men’s Classic Bodybuilding,
Women’s Fitness, Bodyfitness (Figure) and Bikini Fitness – Wayne Brehm Room
11:30 - 20:00: Early registration: Men’s Bodybuilding, Men’s & Women’s Physique and
Masters Bodyfitness – Wayne Brehm Room
16:00 – Masters Men’s Bodybuilding over 40 - Prejudging: 80 kg; 90 kg; +90 kg
17:00 – Men’s Classic Bodybuilding Prejudging: 175 cm and over 175 cm
19:00 – Men’s Classic Bodybuilding Finals (top 6) + Awards
19:45 – Masters Men’s Bodybuilding: Finals (top 6) + Awards
20:00 – Women’s Fitness routines (120 sec.): 163 cm and over 163 cm
20:30 – Bikini Fitness Prejudging: 155 cm; 159 cm; 163 cm; 167 cm; 170 cm; over 170 cm
21:00 – Women’s Fitness comparisons: 163 cm and over 163 cm
22:00 – Bodyfitness Prejudging: 155 cm; 159 cm; 163 cm; 167 cm; 170 cm; over 170 cm

Friday, February 28th, 2014:
Veterans Memorial:

09:00 – Masters Bodyfitness Prejudging: 163 cm; 168 cm, over 168 cm
10:00 – Men’s Physique Prejudging: 170 cm; 174 cm; 178 cm; +178 cm
Women’s Physique Prejudging: 163 cm; +163 cm
11:30 – Masters Bodyfitness Finals + Awards
12:00 – Men’s Bodybuilding Prejudging: 70 kg; 75 kg; 80 kg; 85 kg; 90 kg; 100 kg; +100 kg
Greater Columbus Convention Center – Expo stage
16:00 - Meeting of the finalists: Men’s (top 10) and Women’s (top 5) Physique only
17:00 – Men’s and Women’s Physique Finals and Awarding

Saturday, March 1st, 2014 (all activity at the Greater Columbus Convention Center):
08:00 – Meeting of all finalists: Men’s Bodybuilding, Fitness, Figure, Bikini – Room D-243
10:00 – Women’s Fitness (top 5) and Bodyfitness (top 10) Finals + Awards
11:30 – Bikini Fitness (top 10) Finals + Awards
12:00 – Men’s Bodybuilding (top 5) Routines + Awards: 70 kg, 75 kg, 80 kg
12:40 – Men’s Bodybuilding (top 5) Routines + Awards: 85 kg, 90 kg, 100 kg, +100 kg
13:30 – Men’s Bodybuilding Overall

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Talking about the Arnold Amateur...

...according to IFBBuniverse.it, the following athletes will represent Italy:

Andrea Volpe
Roberta Bozzao
Elena Cuzuioc
Federica Gastaldi
Silvia Matta
Ester Parisi
Alessandra Tantari
Patrizia Garnero
Foroni Giorgia
Olena Chekerda
Luca Pennazzato

Ronnie.cz has updated some prep photos;

Vera Mikulcova interview and recent photos // http://kulturistika.ronnie.cz/c-17581-vera-mikulcova-o-konci-pripravy-na-arnold-classic-amateur-2014.html

17581_3_1.jpg

Lukas Wyler 6,5 weeks out // http://kulturistika.ronnie.cz/c-17571-lukas-wyler-6-5-tydne-pred-arnold-classic-amateur-2014.html

17571_1_1.jpg

Paolo Fontana // http://kulturistika.ronnie.cz/c-17557-paolo-fontana-7-tydnu-pred-arnold-classic-amateur-2014.html

17557_4_1.jpg

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Team Scandinavian physiques is participating with a strong team as well;

Hashim Youshaa (the winner of the Nordic Championships 2013)

post-6888-0-18861200-1389998295_thumb.jp

Solveig Wilhelms (Arnold classic Europe am. figure winner 2012)

dsc-0358-jpgoslo2013-656.jpg

Jenni Aaskov

Barbara Christiansen

Kenneth Robert Jensen (here 7 weeks out shot)

post-6888-0-64112500-1389998574_thumb.jp

The athletes representing Norway will be...

Solveig Wilheims (photo above)

Charlie Abboh

Lasse Sordahl

Evy Rystad

Ayad Musa

Christian Egner

Mikael Johansson

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
IFBB Pro's Victor Martinez & Jon Delarosa Train Shoulders at STAR FITNESS in the Bronx, New York. Victor Martinez is 7 weeks out from the Arnold Classic 2014 and every week he is making changes. As far as competing in the Arnold Classic shows...Vic loves them. He will probably do all three Arnold shows this year.

Cardio - Victor doesn't mind cardio...as long as he is in the right mind set & has the right movie. But there is a limit. He says " As far as doing an hour of cardio - if Munoz tells me to do an hour...that's one thing I won't do. Because the next thing you know I start releasing estrogen & getting b*tch tits".

Diet - Victor has hooked up with the Pro-Maker, George Farah to handle his diet. He wanted to release the burden & not deal with the constant troubleshooting.

Size - Victor is trying to get bigger so he doesn't repeat the New York Pro where he had really good condition but not enough size...this time he is trying to be bigger with "good enough condition".

Jon Delarosa has similar feelings on the size issue. After his 3rd place finish in Toronto, he is determined to pack on more mass. He uses that placement as motivation everytime he starts to waiver from his plan. While Jon isn't competing at this Arnold, he is competing at the Arnold Classic Brasil in April so keep watching Muscular Development for more updates on his progress.

Check out the video & keep checking back for more Arnold Classic updates courtesy of our sponsor Gasp.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

From the Netherlands to the Arnold AM;

Janny Barents (BB -75 kg)

Joel Scheek (CBB -175cm)

Ray Simon (BB -80 kg)

Jerry Koolhoven (BB -90 kg)

Bastiaan Dooremolen (MP -178cm)

Anis Amnar (MP -178cm)

Jorine Wieringa (WPD +163cm)

Shirley van den Bos ( Bikini)

Tess de WIld (Bikini -166cm)

Stefanie Juliana (Bikini -172cm)

Lesley Barents Bodyfitness ( BF -168cm)

Canan Yavas Bodyfitness ( BF -168cm + Masters BF)

Rosemarie Roodenburg (BF +168cm + Masters BF)

-212 AC contender Jose Raymond 6 weeks out update;

post-6888-0-93132300-1390333296_thumb.jp

Margret Gnarr , from Iceland actually, will make her pro debut at the bikini international after her win at the IFBB Womens world championships. Here one 6 weeks out shot;

post-6888-0-94125200-1390333819_thumb.jp

Stan McQuay comes back, here recent of him;

post-6888-0-46090100-1390334190_thumb.jp

And some Hidetada news - Hide Yamagishi jumps into -212 class...

post-6888-0-64421500-1390334466_thumb.jp

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

http://www.flexonline.com/videos/ifbb/rhoden-nunn-train-legs

Shawn "Flexatron" Rhoden has his sights set on victory at the 2014 Arnold Classic (March 1). On January 12 (7 weeks out), FLEXonline tagged along with Flexatron to film his high intensity leg workout. Joining Rhoden for this workout was fellow Arnold Classic contender Ed Nunn and master trainer Charles Glass.

post-6888-0-36529400-1390369068_thumb.jp

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

http://hardmuscles.ru/2014/01/pureprotein-predstavlyaet-predvaritel-nyy-spisok-sbornyh-komand-rossii-i-ukrainy-na-arnold-classic-a.php

201a550bc7.jpg

СБОРНАЯ РОССИИ:

Karandashov Sergey Master men BB 40-49 90kg
Prikhodko Aleksandr CLASSIC BODYBUILDING
Shaev Alexey CLASSIC BODYBUILDING
Kazeyko Vadim MEN'S PHYSIQUE up 178cm
Chegaev Stanislav MEN'S PHYSIQUE up 178cm
Smirnov Sergey MEN'S PHYSIQUE up 190cm
Nikolaeva Yaroslava BODYFITNESS up 163cm
Tyrgale Aurika WOMEN'S Fitness Open
Plikus Olesia BODYFITNESS up 158cm
Pudovikova Yulia BIKINI 160cm
Rudenko Zinaida BIKINI 163cm
Syrkanova Katya BIKINI 166cm
Stepanova Alina BIKINI 166cm
Artemova Oksana BIKINI 166cm
Kashcheeva Yana BIKINI 166cm
Vasilyeva Irina BIKINI 168cm
Timofeeva Ekaterina BIKINI 170cm
Moroz Liana BIKINI over 172cm
Kiseleva Anna BIKINI OVER 172cm
Uglov Vitaly 80kg
Eskin Aleksandr 85kg
Permiakov Aleksei 85kg
Masalov Artem 90kg
Vybornov igor 100kg
Kulaev Sergey +100kg

СБОРНАЯ УКРАИНЫ:

Palkin Sergey CLASSIC BODYBUILDING
Gorenkov Sergey CLASSIC BODYBUILDING
Orobec Oksana WOMEN'S Fitness Open
Koptenko Valeriy Master men BB
Selitbovskaya Vladislava BIKINI 168cm
Vyazmetdinova Olga BIKINI 168cm
Grima Ekaterina BODYFITNESS up 158cm

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Dixon & Clark 5,5 weeks out // http://kulturistika.ronnie.cz/c-17657-charles-dixon-a-aaron-clark-5-5-tydne-pred-arnold-classic-2014.html (click on the photo in order to view those bigger)

17657_1.jpg 17657_2.jpg 17657_3.jpg

Nicole Wilkins Pulls Out of the Arnold Classic 2014

Citing the return of a nagging shoulder injury, Team FitnessRX athlete & reigning Ms. Figure Olympia, Nicole Wilkins, has had to withdraw from the 2014 Arnold Classic.

Nicole sat out last year after a string of second place finishes in 2012, including the 2012 Figure Olympia.

After showing up at the 2013 Olympia in stellar condition, many were excited to see her return to the Arnold stage.

Here is her official statement:

"I am very disappointed to announce that I will not be able to compete at this year's Arnold Sports Festival due to a shoulder injury that will prevent me from training for the next 4-6 weeks. I originally suffered the injury in October and had to stop training most upper body movements for a little over a month. I was able to resume training about a week before the Figure International applications were due, and at that time I decided I was going to do everything in my power to get on stage in Columbus. Unfortunately, I never gave the injury enough time to heal, and it is at the point where I can no longer train like I need to in order to continue my prep. I expect to be fully recovered in order to resume training and defend my Figure Olympia title in September. I would like to thank everyone for their support and understanding during this difficult time, including Jim and Bob Lormier, my manager JM Manion, Fitness Management Group, the IFBB Pro League and my sponsors MET-Rx, 6 Pack Fitness and FitnessRx for Women Magazine. Most of all, thank you to my friends, family, and all of the fans for your continued support of me and all of the great athletes who will be competing at this year's Arnold Sports Festival. I will still be in Columbus working the Met-Rx booth, so please stop by and say hello if you are attending this year."

_PB20714.jpg

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

IFBB Pro Marco Rivera let the FLEXonline cameras follow him through a hardcore shoulder workout at The East Coast Mecca. At the time of filming, Marco was just over 6 weeks out from the first-ever Arnold Classic 212.

post-6888-0-31726100-1390850998_thumb.jp

AC weekend contenders Oksana Grishina and Ed Nunn interviewed at LA Fit Expo ..

Hardbody Road to The Arnold – Fit and Healthy with Jess
January 24, 2014 by Hardbody Staff 1 Comment

Top IFBB Bikini Pro, Jessica Mone updates us on her prep for the 2014 Arnold. Jessica will be competing at the Bikini International and has been kind enough to share her journey with Hardbody. Jess shares, “to the spectators you look like the epitome of health, but are you really?” Read on…

jessica-fit-healthy.jpg

Read more: http://www.hardbodynews.com/2014/01/24/hardbody-road-to-the-arnold-fit-and-healthy-with-jess/#ixzz2rdSDSK3t

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Fitness International competitor Myriam Capes withdraws due the injury;

I'm very disappointed to announce that I won't be able to participate at the Arnold festival this year due an old back injurie that came back last week while practising routine. Fitness is a hard sport for the body and we all go trow the same things. I had a tuff week last week being on intense treatments and medicine to get rid of the pain but my body seem to need a brake to heal and recover completely. I will take the time my body needs to get back stronger for the OLYMPIA. Would like to thanks my team Behind me who support and believe in me my coreographer Brigitte Korak, my trainer Kim Oddo, my main sponser HTN, Véronique Pro Circuit , Arnold festival as well as my family, friends and fans.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

McQuay update;

According to http://www.thebodybuildingnews.com/t629-vitali-fateev-2014 Vitali Fateev is heading to the AC amateur as well, here a recent shot;

156930_687933257925322_1687009780_n.jpg

Team Menace athlete Jorlan Vieria 5 weeks out and almost ready to go. Jorlan made tremendous improvements since last years Arnold and he is fired up and anxious to get back on stage and again move up another weight class.Go job champ and let's kill it 5 more weeks baby!!

1535547_10153802571440121_1950127188_n.j

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides