AnneP

IFBB Women's World Championships 2013

Täna kirjutas MMi absoluutne bikini fitnessi võitja Christina Fjaere oma haigusest, millest sai teada vahetult enne MMi.

Soo.. I have been struggling a lot trying to decide if I should keep this to myself or not. And I've come to the conclution that life is hard sometimes, so why pretend it isn't.. Some of you know that I have had an injury for almost a year and that my prep was really difficult because if limited movement and a lot of pain in my shoulder. In May my chiropractor adviced me to get an MRI since we couldnt figure out why I was having so much trouble. They found a lump on the bone of the upperarm, but weren't sure what it was so I had to have a tumor-protocol. After that they still weren't sure if it was cancer or not dangerous so I was sent to the hospital for a CT. I got the results just a couple of weeks before the World Championship confiming that I had a bonetumor and needed surgery. A biopsi wouldn't be enough to know for sure and they had to remove the tumor and then analyze it to know if it's cancer or not. Despite all the waiting, uncertainty, pain and fear I wanted to keep going and finish what I had started, so I kept working towards the competition. These last few months has been really hard, but I have found great strength in my amazing family and friends and in realizing how strong I can be when I have to. I had surgery friday morning. Surprisingly they were able to remove the tumor from the bone without damaging the shoulder muscle, the bone or any nerves. I am so grateful and happy! I will have a 10cm scar on my shoulder and I can't work or train in quite a while, but I'm just so happy that the tumor is gone and that I am healthy :) I got out from the hospital yesterday and I am feeling a little better day by day. I am still waiting for the results of the analysis, but the tumor looked unharmful and they got rid of the entire thing anyway :) It would be difficult to hide this, so I felt that I had to share.. Hope it's ok! :)

post-20384-0-98683400-1384791466_thumb.j

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides