uk dude

Training Routine

I've only been training a year. In that time I've used supersetting, circuits, drop sets, high intensity, German Volume Training and other stuff.

I think that I grew best on high intensity workouts (lower weights but 15-30s rest between sets) or punishingly high volume (but not for many weeks as it burns you out).

What I'm following now is the basic 'doggcrapp' style, if you've heard of it.

I have two types of workout, and three sets of each type. So I start with A1, then next workout I do B1, then A2, then B2.. etc.

The A workouts are: chest, shoulders, triceps, back width, back thickness.

The B workouts are: biceps, forearms, calves, hams and quads.

Here they are.

A1

incline bench press

front press

close grip bench press

pull ups

deadlift

B1

barbell curls

hammer curls

seated calf raises

romanian deadlift

back squats

A2

flat bench press

shoulder press to rear of head

reverse grip bench press

chin ups

barbell rows

B2

alternate db curls

reverse grip cable curls

standing calf raises

seated leg curls

leg press

A3

decline bench press

dumb bell shoulder press

upright dips

pull downs to front

t-bar rows

B3

cable curls

pinwheel curls

calf raises

sumo deadlifts

front squats

The protocol for the exercise is

* Calves and forearms - aim to do 1 set of 12 reps with as much weight as possible. same for rows, romanian deadlifts

* For chest, shoulders, triceps, biceps and back width exercises I do 3 sets with 20 seconds rest between sets. I aim for the rep ranges 8-12, then 6-8, then 4-6.

* For quads I do 4-6 as heavy as I can go, then reduce the weight by 20% and go to complete failure.

* For deadlifts I do 6-8 heavy and then 3-4 as heavy as I can manage

Each routine takes around 35-45 mins. I normally work out Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

I stay with the same weight and do more reps until I am exceeding the rep range targets, in which case I add weight. And so on.

The rule is that you must post an increase in volume every session (so each A1 exercise has to beat the previous A1 exercise). If you don't then you change the exercise for that body part.

I'm in my 3rd cycle of this routine.

Comments?

Muudetud kasutaja uk dude poolt

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

I notice the most important leg exercises are in the end

How are your legs doing?

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

I'd say my upper legs have grown very well indeed. I really like leg exercises.

The calves are vastly better than when I started, but still nothing to write home about.

Biceps and triceps grow pretty good, back looks OK. It's my chest that I feel is really lagging.

I didn't do any decline work at all until very recently, maybe that could be it.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

I posted dc routine in this forum some time ago , got some very skeptical responses, because it is so much different from the routines folks use here.

You don´t finish your workout with squats , this goes against weider principles or something.lol.

For quads 4-6 as heavy as you can go, then 20 rep set , widowmaker.

Flat bench presses are usually not used in this kind of routine.

Are you using extreme stretches?

Muudetud kasutaja BULDOOSER poolt

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

I often don't make 20 squats after the heavier ones, so I'll reduce the weigh to make it a proper 'widowmaker'.

On the days I do squats, I do finish with them?

I do try to stretch after each exercise and sometimes use weights to assist the stretch. I don't always, but mostly.

Lots of questions:

How is DC working out for you?

What kinds of routines are popular here?

Why isn't flat bench press used?

What makes a stretch 'extreme'?

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

http://www.intensemuscle.com/ There you can find all the information about dc training, thing you might not like , they say that dc is not for beginners.

It works ,at the moment i don´t even think about doing something else. For me it´s more about maintaining what i have, i have some old injuries and those start to bother me again when i go too heavy.

Flat bench is not used because of safety reasons.

I don´t know why it is called extreme stretching , maybe because it´s painful , you have to hold it at least for 60 secs or even more if you can, anyway it has very important place in this routine.

Most people use traditional volume training , everything once a week and lot´s of exercises and sets.

Muudetud kasutaja BULDOOSER poolt

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides