uk dude

New in town

Hey,

I started bodybuilding about a year ago and moved to Tallinn (permanently) about a month ago.

I've used Pirita Top Spa and Viimsi Spa gyms (they're the closest to my house). Of these two I prefer Pirita Top because it has a wider range of equipment, but there are a few things I don't like.

One is that they don't have any free weights under 5kg (!?) and another is that the place seems to be empty just about all the time.

What I'm looking for is recommendations on which gyms I should try next. If there's a well-known gym that Tallinn's bodybuilders prefer then I'd like to go there. I could do with a better workout atmosphere and even to exchange a few words with some locals.

Although I live in Pirita I can drive to anywhere in Tallinn.

Any and all help would be most appreciated! :-)

Cheers,

James

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
Hey,

I started bodybuilding about a year ago and moved to Tallinn (permanently) about a month ago.

I've used Pirita Top Spa and Viimsi Spa gyms (they're the closest to my house). Of these two I prefer Pirita Top because it has a wider range of equipment, but there are a few things I don't like.

One is that they don't have any free weights under 5kg (!?) and another is that the place seems to be empty just about all the time.

What I'm looking for is recommendations on which gyms I should try next. If there's a well-known gym that Tallinn's bodybuilders prefer then I'd like to go there. I could do with a better workout atmosphere and even to exchange a few words with some locals.

Although I live in Pirita I can drive to anywhere in Tallinn.

Any and all help would be most appreciated! :-)

Cheers,

try Reval Sport, its a place well-liked :ph34r:

www.revalsport.ee

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Hi James!

Personally i like it, when a gym is empty, but hey, thats just me!

Anyway, the most popular gym is definitely Reval sport in the old town, www.revalsport.ee

It's a bit dirty, but it has all the necessary weights and the machines have enought weight plates too.

I'd say about 80% of competing bodybuilders go there.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Hey, James,

The best gyms to go to in Tallinn are probably Reval Sport, Planet Sport, Zelluloosi and may be a few more. The first one is the biggest one and most of our bodybuilders who are serious about their training, train there. The next one is the nicest looking one of them all, but has a lot of equipment and also a wide range of free weights. It's also the most expensive one of them all as you could assume. It's a members gym and has also a lot of hard training people going there. Zelluloosi is the cheapest one and a bit smaller than the other two. It looks nice and has all the equipment you need, but is usually crowded, especially in the evenings. Since it's so crowded and doesn't have a good ventilation system, it's sometimes hard to find air to breathe.

Go check them out and let us know what you think.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
Hi James!

Personally i like it, when a gym is empty, but hey, thats just me!

Anyway, the most popular gym is definitely Reval sport in the old town, www.revalsport.ee

It's a bit dirty, but it has all the necessary weights and the machines have enought weight plates too.

I'd say about 80% of competing bodybuilders go there.

Hehe, when I lived in the UK I used to *pray* for a time the gym would be empty. But after just having done a month of 'solitary' (I know virtually nobody here), I'd like to be slightly more social for at least a while.

It'll probably be painful to get to, as I work out in the morning. Have you seen the traffic on Pirita tee? All 1.4m Estonian residents seem to be on it at around 8am...

I guess I should also get parking payment by telephone sorted. I've already received one ticket grrr.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

OK great. I expect I'll try Reval for a month (going for a look around this evening, as I already worked out today) then Planet Sport.

Hey, James,

The best gyms to go to in Tallinn are probably Reval Sport, Planet Sport, Zelluloosi and may be a few more. The first one is the biggest one and most of our bodybuilders who are serious about their training, train there. The next one is the nicest looking one of them all, but has a lot of equipment and also a wide range of free weights. It's also the most expensive one of them all as you could assume. It's a members gym and has also a lot of hard training people going there. Zelluloosi is the cheapest one and a bit smaller than the other two. It looks nice and has all the equipment you need, but is usually crowded, especially in the evenings. Since it's so crowded and doesn't have a good ventilation system, it's sometimes hard to find air to breathe.

Go check them out and let us know what you think.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Hi!

I´ve trained in Reval Sport, Planet Sport and almost every clubs in Tallinn, but stayed in Arctic Sport, because it´s now one of the biggest (2 gyms) and also very popular, many free weights and machines, very good and private swimming pool and the most important- its clean there (I can not say that about Reval Sport who has problems with cleaning there and sometimes also with warm water, they have also too old machines there- my own mate broke his fingers there during the training exactly because of this old stuff there).

Arctic Sport has one sports club also in Tartu, so its very good to train also there as a client, if you need to stay in town for a while (I use this possibility always when I have to be there).

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

I recommend Planet Sport, nice clean and even during busiest times there is plenty of room and lots of air....so if you don´t like stinky bodies then there is place to train :ph34r:

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Well today I had a look at MyFitness, Kalev Spa (as they were on the way) and then Reval..

I liked Reval, mainly because it's different from the clinical, almost sterile gyms that I'm used to.

There is also some weird equipment that I haven't used before.

I joined for a month.

The receptionist told me that 'the big men' mainly train in the evening, so I guess I'll go then.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
Well today I had a look at MyFitness, Kalev Spa (as they were on the way) and then Reval..

I liked Reval, mainly because it's different from the clinical, almost sterile gyms that I'm used to.

There is also some weird equipment that I haven't used before.

I joined for a month.

The receptionist told me that 'the big men' mainly train in the evening, so I guess I'll go then.

in reval u see many chicks, thats hell of a positive

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

I love it!

I met my girlfriend, who is Estonian, 3 years ago in London (she was living there). We came over a few times and after we got serious we started thinking why not let's live here?

So we planned it for a while and then about a year ago we bought a flat. The previous year has been about getting over here. I persuaded my company to let me work over the internet to my office, and when they agreed we moved.

I like the people, the winters, the summers, the cleanliness, the space, the beach, the forests, the look of the ladies, the architecture, the weird food and drink, the old town... super.. I'm sure it has its bad aspects but hey, I'm in a 'honeymoon period' right now. :D

Good luck! What you think about Estonia so far :ph34r: ?

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
I love it!

I met my girlfriend, who is Estonian, 3 years ago in London (she was living there). We came over a few times and after we got serious we started thinking why not let's live here?

So we planned it for a while and then about a year ago we bought a flat. The previous year has been about getting over here. I persuaded my company to let me work over the internet to my office, and when they agreed we moved.

I like the people, the winters, the summers, the cleanliness, the space, the beach, the forests, the look of the ladies, the architecture, the weird food and drink, the old town... super.. I'm sure it has its bad aspects but hey, I'm in a 'honeymoon period' right now. :D

Nice words, really man :ph34r:

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides
I like the people, the winters, the summers, the cleanliness, the space, the beach, the forests, the look of the ladies, the architecture, the weird food and drink, the old town... super.. I'm sure it has its bad aspects but hey, I'm in a 'honeymoon period' right now. :ph34r:

Reading your opinion about Estonia is quite funny. We always complain that we have 12 months of bad skiing weather over here. The old town and the ladies are a plus though. It`s interesting to see Estonia through a foreigners eye. Remembers us what we should appreciate.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides

Hey James,

Reading options :huh: which gym to go!

I agree, Reval sport is THE best! :lol:

Where about u live in UK, use to live in Cambridge 3 years :P

And used gyms like Greens ( fantaaastic- so miss it), Parkers piece and sometimes went to Atrium (?).

Take care :P

and enjoy training :P

A.

Jaga seda postitust

Viita postitusele
Jaga teistes saitides